I attended a rally for the Let It Stand movement here in Salt Lake. As a quick summary for those who don't know, in December a federal Judge ruled that Utah's Constitutional ban on same-sex marriages was unconstitutional. And for a few weeks, the state issued marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Then, on January 6th, the Governor of Utah (Gary Herbert) issued a statement to the state departments saying that the state would not be recognizing the marriage licenses while the decision is being appealed. So the rally I attended was at a press conference aiming to convince Governor Herbert to let the ruling stand and recognize those couples.
Lily got a new art easel from Santa which she LOVES. It hangs out in our living room so she can draw to her heart's content. Owen gets in on the action, too. Also, is my son a lefty?

In other Owen news, he started walking pretty regularly this week. We could get him to walk from one parent to the other across the room. But only after a lot of prompting and clapping. Now he will just up and walk across the room like he's been doing it all his life. But with walking comes gravity and he's been in his fair share of fights with inanimate objects. Like the bookshelf at school, as portrayed in this picture. His eye got a little black the next day, so it got a little worse than this. Poor dude.
Lily is powering through workbooks these days. To the point that I think letters are beginning to bore her. The workbooks we've been doing lately are more about critical thinking than just practicing letters and she's really enjoyed those. I shouldn't be surprised when she picks up pattern recognition immediately, but somehow I always am.
And here's two more pictures for your day, because my kids are adorable.

No comments:
Post a Comment